Boys and Girls Club of America
The Boys and Girls Club of Lake Tahoe is affiliated with the Boys and Girls Club of America. Our Club follows the principles and guidelines of our parent organization; however our Club is managed and financed entirely separately from BGCA.
BGCA was conceived in Connecticut in the 1860s when local women started programs for young boys living in poverty and without positive influences and education in their lives. It became a nationwide movement in the 1906 and received Congressional Charter in 1956. Girls have long been an important part of the Clubs and the name was officially changed to recognize this in 1990.
To learn more about the BGCA please visit: http://www.bgca.org/Pages/index.aspx